Friday 14 January 2011

Nikon 105mm f/2.8 Micro lens review

This is now an old lens but a macro lens is always going to be a winner in the terms of sharpness of an images.

Here I give you a review of what is one of the best lenses you can get and for the price you can get it at on the second hand market, probably the best lens you can possibly buy.





More details after the break


Photo above is the macro lens set to its closes focusing distance of 0.312 and as you can see the barrel extends out.

Macro means you can focus super close to you and get amazing detail. All macro lenses are the sharpest lenses you will ever buy,
It is an f2.8 meaning it is nice and bright
and it is great for head shots for portraits
It is also compliant with full frame cameras so it is also future proof for your digital photography needs

The old version (the one I am reviewing here) has the Aperture ring so that if you attach it to a Canon Dslr with a small addapter then you can use it for video with the canon dslr and get amazing shallow depth of field and close up shots.

This lens is great for taking pictures of bugs, wedding rings, head shots, and food, and totally seperating your subect from the background with its amazing shallow depth of field.

Here are some videos to let you see how well it works and its DOF effects it has
















I cant find the old version on amazon but here is a link to the new version which is better but obviously more expensive








also for any of you interested in the alternatives here is my review of the Sigma 105mm f2.8 which is around 150pounds more expensive new.










Here is a little photo of a bee taken with the sigma






Here is a sweet video I found of someone taking a shot of a dragonfly with the Nikon 105mm, shot on a Sony camera (with an adapter i am sure)



Details are

donjohnsculpt

06 June 2010
7 likes,
macromovie eines "Grossen Blaupfeil"

sony pmw-ex3 letus extreme 100mm nikkor mit macroring
video by john dierauer http://www,sculpt.ch
audio by dierauer http://www.sculpt.ch



3 comments:

  1. Hey Dom, how about doing a comparison test/review of the Nikon 105mm f/2.8 VR Macro and the Tokina 100mm f/2.8 Macro lens.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dom, I tried commentingI've been agonizing over which macro lens to buy and I really wanted to buy the Nikon 105 with VR but found one today like the one in your vid for about ninety five bucks (US dollars) I live in Asia and the man told me the price and I was confused why it was so low. Your video explained that to me and I'm grateful! Thank You! I have to get a tripod as well but I figure it is well worth the bargain and I am spending much less than the 105 vr. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dom,
    I like your vid on the 105 mm lens. Can you tell em what limit and full mean?

    ReplyDelete